All of our courses are held at Langley Rod and Gun Club, 3854 208 St, Langley, BC V3A 4X7
Phone:(604) 534-3525 [club number]
Apart from the “Try Before You Buy” day, each participant will shoot anything from 50 to 150 targets, depending on which program you are signed up for. If required and time permits we may offer additional targets.
Each training day is limited to 20 participants that will be split into groups of 5
Most of our courses are at present focused from beginner through intermediate to advanced – intermediate, at each program event we will evaluate and group people together of similar shooting ability.
We shoot in all weather, so please bring appropriate clothing. The only time we will cancel or postpone would be due to lightening.
Yes we have an assortment different type and makes of shotguns. We do require advanced notice if you would like to use one of our guns.
We provide all ammunition for; Try Before You Buy, Youth Day, Ladies Day, 2 Day Intensive, & the 4 Hour Clinic. If time permits and should you wish to shoot more we can facilitate this on the day.
Private Tuition includes Targets but not ammunition. You can bring your own or we can provide 12g & 20g on the day, please contact us for current prices.
On our 2 Day Intensive we cover this subject and provide you with instruction and guidance as to gun fit. As this is unique to each individual we recommend you book a 1 hour fitting session with an instructor after you have completed the 2 Day Intensive.
What will you need: –
- ID. A photo Copy of one of the following; Provincial Driving Licence, BC ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, PR Card.
- Passport type photo dimensions are on the Application form.
- Guarantors to sign / endorse the photograph. Someone who has known you for more than 1 year and who is over 18 years of age.
- A reference from someone who has known you for at least 3 years and who is over the age of 18. This person cannot be your spouse or partner.
- Application fee of either $60.00 for none restricted [most shotguns and hunting rifles] or $80.00 for Restricted. What’s the difference? Restricted allows you to possess and acquire handguns and restricted rifles.
- If you are applying for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) for non-restricted firearms, you must have passed the test for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC). If you are applying for a PAL for restricted firearms, you must have passed two safety tests: the CFSC and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC). These courses are simple one or two day courses followed by multiple choice question test/s. Or if you have a good knowledge of firearms and safety you can challenge the exams. The cost of these courses are; $40.00 for just the challenge exam and anything from $110 to $195.00 for the full courses.
What Will you have to do: –
- If over 18, download and complete the fillable PDF application form: – PAL over 18 app
- Licences for minors contact your provincial Chief Firearms Officer for the application form: – http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cfo-caf/index-eng.htm
- Complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course if you want to have restricted firearms also.
- Submit your completed application along with the appropriate fees.
How long does it take: –
Normal turnaround time at the RCMP licensing center from receipt of paperwork is about 5 to 6 days. However at the moment due a current surge in applications this has temporarily extended out another 6 weeks.
For group training the age restriction is 10 years of age. We will entertain younger ages on a private lesson basis if accompanied by a parent.
There is no Maximum age restriction.